Dr Connel Bottom BSc(Hons) MRICS ABIFM FRSA
Director – Facilities Consultancy
Connel is a Chartered Surveyor with over 20 years of management consulting experience. After completing a PhD in property and Facilities Management, he started his career with BWA in 1997, moving to PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) in 2005 and has recently returned to BWA in 2013 to take up a Director position.
Connel specialises in assisting organisations to secure cash savings and/or margin improvements through strategic planning and efficient delivery of Estates and FM services. He writes and lectures on Real Estate and FM topics and is a member of the editorial teams for the Journal of Corporate Real Estate and Journal of Facilities Management. He is also an external examiner for facilities management courses at Liverpool John Moores University. Connel has a strong track record in the following areas of consulting:
- Value for money benchmarking to support performance improvement, cost reduction and change;
- Driving innovation and best practice within organisations (client or contract side engagement);
- Design of client real estate and facilities management organisations and supply chain partnerships;
- Cost reduction activities from opportunity finding through to benefits and realisation management;
- Support for facilities management procurement activities including post-contract benchmarking; and
- Value testing and performance assessment in PFI Contracts.